Whiting-Turner is looking for a self motivated, energetic, detailed oriented, tech savvy person to help Looking for a self-motivated, energetic, creative, technology-driven, detail-oriented, quick-thinking, innovative person to join our internal Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) team. Job Responsibilities include:
Qualified candidates should:
1. Understand building construction, engineering, and/or architecture.
2. Have on the job or class experience with BIM software programs and technology.
3. Thrive in a team environment both contributing to larger projects and producing independent work.
4. Have an innately curious, forward-thinking personality to push innovative ideas in all aspects of daily tasks.
5. Be able to multi-task and deliver parallel successful products.
Typical Daily tasks include:
1. Creating virtual simulations to validate and improve site logistics, safety concerns, building sequencing, scheduling, and VR experiences.
2. Manage 3D coordination activities with operation teams from project kickoff through closeout.
3. Perform preconstruction model tasks – quality verifications, schedule validations, constructability reviews, and virtual mock-up production.
4. Drive research and development of new software, hardware, and technology to optimize the team’s execution and overall project quality.
1. Bachelors degree with preference given to Architectural, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management related degrees or Associate degree in a VDC/BIM technical concentration with 3-5 years of experience.
2. BIM software, hardware, and technology knowledge