Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- Provides the leadership, vision, and direction for executing our Global Security transformational roadmap
- Creates the overall vision, from initial concept, all the way to an executable technical journey Focused attention on Business Operations, Technology Process Improvements, Enabling Capabilities to enable the business to be successful
- Aligns IT strategy with business goals and encompasses business, systems, information, security, application, and technology architecture
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and solutioning of applications systems, including overall design, development, integration, and maintenance
- Transforms business requirements into technical architecture requirements, and designs application architectures which are scalable, robust, and manageable, while balancing the price/performance
- Provides technical guidance or business process expertise, technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members
- Resolves complex computer security issues by designing, developing, and implementing innovative technical solutions
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to management regarding technological advances that improve computing system security, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety
- Builds business councils, develops governance agreements between customers and developers, develops reports and presentations for senior management, and facilitates planning processes
- May participate as a technical architect or member of Technical Review Board and develops standards, sets information technology innovation vision, and develops and executes criteria for
You Must Have:
- Bachelors degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical Science
- 10 or more years of relevant experience while demonstrating an increasing progression of responsibilities including demonstrated work in data engineering, systems design, technology selection, and team leadership
- Minimum 3 years experience in developing a vision and executing supporting roadmaps for business data strategy
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to receive DOE "Q" level clearance and SCI level clearance
- Possess strong project management, strategic planning, communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience with classified computing networks, architecture, and cyber requirements
- Relevant experience with DOE O 481.1 and EO12333.Proven ability to determine and influence the corporations technology and business strategy
- Expertise in multiple technology environments and in-depth understanding of Enterprise Architecture, business planning and strategy requirements
- Ability to work under administrative direction with considerable latitude for un-reviewed independent action or decisions
- JOB ID: req347307
- Category: Information Technology
- Relocation Tier: Tier 3
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 04
- Referral Bonus: 1250
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.