Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
Summary of Duties:
- Functions at an advanced level by planning, organizing, and coordinating accounting and/or budget activities to meet established objectives and schedules including analysis of reports, journal entries, and other data
- Anticipates business needs and develops analytical data to support decision making
- Implements initiatives in partnership with business leaders in support of the organization's strategic objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to establish forecasts and communicate to the business units and program owners
- Performs special assignments or projects and provides results to management
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of internal procedures and work instructions for assigned areas
- Uses financial reporting (customized as necessary) to support division or program requirements
- Manages multiple ad hoc requests in a timely manner
- Provides proactive support in rate development, variance analysis, and/or funding requirements
- Leverages an understanding of inter-relationships between Fund Accounting and divisional labor and expenses to influence and provide guidance to stakeholders
- Assists in the training of personnel in various accounting, funding, and/or budget activities
- Advises Division Director or Program Manager on the financial implications of strategies and tactics
- Attends functional and/or program meetings, establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships
- Helps ensure a sound internal control environment exists
- Serves as liaison to management in the absence of supervision
- May perform other duties as required
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field; and minimum of 3 years Finance or Accounting experience OR a total of 5 years experience in finance/accounting
- Experience working for a government contractor
- Understanding of government funding practices
- Basic knowledge of government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Experience with indirect cost allocation methods (e.g., overhead rates)
- JOB ID: req334891
- Category: Finance
- Relocation Tier: Tier 2
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 750
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.