Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
Purchased Product Engineering is seeking a Senior Chemical Engineer, to provide engineering support of highly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge, or skill. In particular, this role will provide product engineering support for a variety of surface finishing processes, such as electroplating, electroless plating, conversion coating, anodizing, and passivation. The engineer must be able to receive drawing requirements and coordinate with a quality engineer, buyer, upper assembly engineers, design agency engineers, and program management for the manufacturing of assigned parts at offsite suppliers. The engineer will coordinate directly with suppliers to facilitate product realization, to include travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all assigned product drawings are complete, sufficient, and manufacturable
- Interacts with design agency, quality engineering, and suppliers to facilitate product realization and resolve manufacturability issues
- Assists in the design and/or product management of new and current projects, products, programs, and components under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety
- Interacts directly with suppliers to improve plating performance on assigned and supporting purchased products
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program or bachelors of science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Six (6) or more years of relevant experience in engineering or related technical activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Metallurgical Engineering, or similar discipline, from an ABET accredited engineering program preferred
- Industry experience in electroplating, electroless plating, conversion coating, anodizing, or passivation
- Advanced degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Expert Certification
- Currently active Q or Top Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of inspection and testing of surface finishes and coatings
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- An open, honest, and team-oriented personality
- JOB ID: req343075
- Category: Engineering
- Relocation Tier: Tier 2
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 750
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.