Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- As a Sr. Systems Engineer within the test engineering business unit, you will support a team of engineers to perform requirements definition, development, decomposition and tracing, system integration, verification/validation, supportability and effective analyses for complex engineering projects
- Candidate requires a strong understanding of requirements management best practices, and the ability to implement improvements throughout an organization, experience with DOORs is a plus
- Candidate is expected to have exceptional critical thinking skills capable of working with system architecture teams and subject matter experts
- Candidate will evaluate changes to system and sub-system specifications and assess impact of proposed changes at all phases of product development: concept, design, fabrication, test, maintenance and disposal
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flowtime, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Communicate with stakeholders to determine requirements, documenting all aspects of the development process, and testing system features for usability
- Create a bi-directional Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Utilize the requirements management to highlight technical risks, management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Act as the interface between the customer and the developers
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams
- Responsible for work that may involve longer range and/or complex business objectives in requirements mapping
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program or Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program.
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- Six or more years of relevant experience in engineering or related technical activities
- Existing DOE Q Clearance Preferred
- Experience with electronic test equipment design, including hardware and software
- Experience in one or more relevant programming languages (.NET, Visual Basic, C#, etc)
- Demonstrated providing technical guidance, project management guidance, consultative services, and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership
- Demonstrated application of advanced design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to complex engineering concepts and projects
- JOB ID: req327512
- Category: Engineering
- Relocation Tier: Tier 2
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 1500
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.