Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
The Diversity & Inclusion Consultant role is a manager role created in a newly developed Diversity & Inclusion department at FM&T. This role is responsible for implementing plans to promote inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance within the organization. This role will be in service to all divisions and reporting directly to the Diversity & Inclusion leader of Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business. The role will partner with division leaders to broker inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance services and actively engage in inclusion, diversity equity and acceptance coaching, mediation, and training.
- Implement plans to promote inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance initiatives, education and partnerships led by the Diversity and Inclusion leader over Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business
- Be in service to all FM&T divisions, in excess of 6000+ employees, reporting directly to the Diversity & Inclusion leader of Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies,
- Provide people leader support to help resolve inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance issues, celebrate progress, productivity and success across the business
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of custom inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance curriculum, workshops and retreats
- Engage employee network group leaders and the communications team to implement inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance programs established for the business by the Diversity & Inclusion leader
- Partner with divisions and their employee ambassadors to broker inclusion, diversity, equity and acceptance services and actively engage in inclusive coaching, mediation, conflict resolution and training
- Partner with divisions to broker support for EEO related issues; instill IDEA awareness into the culture; build upon organizational development, mediation and organizational change expertise
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree required –Human Resources, Business, Communications or other related fields of equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ overall experience, to include seven years of progressive Human Resources experience and seven years of implementing and advancing workplace culture change for a large corporate environment
- Master’s degree prefer in an appropriate field such as human resources, organizational development
- 7+ years progressive professional Human Resource experience
- 7+ years progressive large corporate environment diversity & inclusion experience
- Certification in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Certification in Instructional Design
- Certification in Mediation and/or Conflict Resolution
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to influence and work effectively with leaders
- Able to collaborate in a complex environment with multiple business partners to monitor diversity action plans, training and results reporting.
- Strong knowledge-base of federal contracting, government laws, regulations, and legal decisions affecting employment
- Excellent listening skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- JOB ID: req342362
- Category: Human Resources
- Relocation Tier:
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 04
- Referral Bonus: 1000
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.