Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***
The Sr Compensation Specialist position is responsible for the on-going support, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs and processes at Honeywell FM&T
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the consistent application, implementation and communication of the company's pay philosophy, job evaluation and compensation processes across the business
- Supports the research and analysis to determine total compensation market competitiveness
- Applies understanding of compensation principles, concepts, and standards in preparing candidate job offers
- Ensures consistency and compliance in approving candidate offer letters
- May conduct job analyses and supports the development of job descriptions
- Implements continuous improvements to efficiently enhance the organization's ability to attract, motivate and retain key talent
- Works in partnership with HR and business leaders across the business and Honeywell to identify and drive consistency and communication with regards to compensation programs
- Provides compensation expertise and guidance to HR and business leadership to support recruiting, organizational development, and business needs
- Conducts periodic audits to review and confirm compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and reasonableness of pay practices
- Determines improvements based on audit findings
- Supports preparation of the annual Compensation Increase Plan to the customer
- Works with the Honeywell COE to ensure coordinated and consistent roll out of new compensation and benefit policies and projects
Remote roles can be located in any of the states where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, LLC is authorized to do business.** Some roles, however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations.
**Honeywell Federal Manufacturing is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Five or more years of experience in human resources with a focus in compensation
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Experience with Office Suite - especially Excel
- Proven ability in decision making, mathematical, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and handle a variety of diversified assignments
- Certified Benefits Professional or Certified Compensation Professional recognition by WorldatWork
- JOB ID: req344217
- Category: Human Resources
- Relocation Tier:
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 750
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.