Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates facilities for the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA), in Albuquerque, NM as well as the Kansas City National Security Campus. Honeywell FM&T - New Mexico Operations provide state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, transportation technologies, emergency response and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
Performs and analyzes routine to moderately complex engineering functions, quality control functions designs, and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable manufacturing or measuring processes, applying mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies. Follows established procedures in completing multiple technical assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the design and/or project/process management of new and current products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level Engineers or departmental management
- Develops manufacturing and measuring methods which designate tooling, gages, acceptance equipment, and processing procedures
- Coordinates product and acceptance equipment designs and ordering of testers, gages, and laboratory equipment to support production acceptance
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture/inspect parts to assure product quality
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Develops test procedures and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate manufacturing and inspection areas
- Analyzes processes and products and records, characterizes and implements proper controls on all processes
- Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends
- Prepares product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner
- Some travel may be required, up to 50%
You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited Engineering program or Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience in Engineering or related technical activities
- US citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Demonstrated application of analyzing engineering designs and specifications to achieve efficient and reliable manufacturing or acceptance processes
- Demonstrated application of design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to routine through engineering projects
- Manufacturing and/or production experience a plus
- Experience working together with suppliers/vendor partners
- JOB ID: req335043
- Category: Engineering
- Relocation Tier: Tier 1
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 1500
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status