Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- Performs and analyzes routine to moderately complex engineering functions, quality control functions designs, and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable manufacturing or measuring processes, applying mathematical, physical science, and engineering technologies
- Follows established procedures in completing multiple technical assignments.
- Assists in the design and/or project/process management of new and current products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher-level Engineers or departmental management
- Develops manufacturing and measuring methods which designate tooling, gages, acceptance equipment, and processing procedures
- Coordinate’s product and acceptance equipment designs and ordering of testers, gages, and laboratory equipment to support production acceptance
- Develops test procedures and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate manufacturing and inspection areas
- Analyzes processes and products and records, characterizes and implements proper controls on all processes
- Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends
- Prepares product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Conducts audits to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to measure quality levels and trends
- Interacts with customers, design agencies, suppliers, and internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues
YOU MUST HAVE
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain US Department of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or BS Physics from an (ABET accredited) University
- Advanced Degree (M.S., PhD) in Electrical Engineering
- Existing DOE Q Clearance
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Experience with electronic test equipment design, including hardware and software
- Circuit design, simulation, and troubleshooting
- Experience in one or more relevant programming languages (.NET, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering standards and specifications
- Experience working and interfacing with FPGAs
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills and ability to effectively listen and lead
- Self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Experience using MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- JOB ID: req345109
- Category: Engineering
- Relocation Tier: Tier 1
- Security Clearance: US - DOE Q Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 1500
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.