Position Specific Description
Operation Unit Supervisor (Trainee) must make satisfactory progress in preparation for passing the NRC SRO exam and program completion. Promotion to Operations Unit Supervisor is contingent upon recommendation from the Operations Director, based upon demonstrated competency in the position once licensed. An Operations Unit Supervisor is the first line supervisor in the Operations group at the site. Individuals will need to have at least (6) six months of responsible site specific power plant experience prior to entering the training program.
This position requires participation in License Class, a preparatory program for the job of Operations Unit Supervisor. Employees in this role must successfully complete the entire program. The successful candidate develops leadership, management and technical skills to perform the supervisory job responsibilities. Individuals partake in several training programs including: the Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) training program, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) SRO license exam, and the Control Room Supervisor Training program.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes the site Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) License or Shift Technical Advisor (STA) training programs
- Develops planning, organizing, and directing skills
- Practices controlling shift operations
- Develops up-to-date knowledge of plant operating conditions and limitations established by technical specifications and the plant operating license
- Practices performing as an Operations Unit Supervisor and performs associated supervisory duties while training
- Progresses in knowledge to pass the NRC SRO exam and program completion
- Completes and passes any other training course, instruction, event, simulation and on-the-job performance expectation
- Meets or exceeds site-specific ANSI standard requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 4+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 2+ years
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- ACAD 10-001 (Guidelines for initial Training and Qualification of Licensed Operators) apply to this position
- Power plant experience: 4+ years
- Nuclear plant experience: 2+ years
- Site specific power plant experience prior to entering license class: 6+ months
- Experience in a position equivalent to Reactor Control Operator at military reactor and qualified to manipulate or direct the manipulation of control rods (Propulsion Plant Watch Officer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Reactor Operator, Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor): 2+ years
- Technical experience in electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Condition of employment: successful completion of the SRO license class and attainment of NRC SRO license
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor Engineering or a related discipline
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.