Position Specific Description
*SRO Certification requirement may be obtained at the plant after start*
This job is responsible for preparing employees to pass the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator and senior operator licensing examinations. Employees in this role deliver integrated systems training to participants that covers plant operations and prepares them to stand field and/or control room watch duty.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, implements and presents integrated systems training and initial operator and requalification training programs in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements
- Operates the simulator and classroom display instruction system during training in accordance with approved procedures
- Develops and administers written and oral examinations to include simulator and plant observation
- Evaluates and documents operator candidate knowledge of controls and systems
- Revises instructional materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices, regulations, and/or operating philosophies
- Maintains a senior reactor operator certification or license for the site where instruction duties are being performed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 3+ years
- Senior Reactor Operator Certification
- Bachelor's - Sciences
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Certified Nuc Trng Instructor Classroom
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's in a technical field (e.g., Math, Physical Sciences specialty, Engineering) or equivalent education and/or experience
- Nuclear training operations instructor experience or equivalent: 3+ years
- SRO certification for the site where training duties are performed
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Training
Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.