Position Specific Description
This role will be based at our St. Lucie Plant located in Port St. Lucie, Fl.
This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of construction and maintenance work performed by contractors and/or vendors. Employees in this role evaluate labor productivity, schedule compliance, work quality and safety performance by craft workers in the field. The successful candidate engages and documents field observations to ensure the supplemental labor force meets the highest degree of industrial and nuclear safety, and human performance standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in walk downs of field work to evaluate construction, resource allocation and design requirements
- Assess field performance status and implement solutions to alleviate concerns
- Manages scope control, budget, schedules and work in progress to ensure construction supervisors are effectively implementing their assigned tasks
- Provides leadership to construction supervisors and supplemental workforce
- Coaches and communicates department, station and division goals
- Validates performance and the achievement of goals
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 5+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 3+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Nuclear Experience: 5+ years
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Construction or maintenance experience at a nuclear facility or electric utility: 5+ years
- Project estimating, budgeting and cost tracking and control: 3+ years
- Construction supervisory experience with building trades craft personnel: 3+ years
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.