Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Opportunity Onramps® at Workday is a program to launch your career in the technology industry. Through our Career Accelerator Program (CAP), we provide on-the-job training, mentorship, and a pathway to full time careers for transitioning Veterans and eligible Reserve Service Members. This is an immersive 16-week paid program, crafted to showcase your skills and experiences, and align them with potential career opportunities at Workday.
Software Engineer (Systems): Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Survey Tip: This job should be matched by companies that develop systems software. Companies that have both applications and systems software engineers and do not identify them by function should match to Software Development Engineer.
Security Product Development team is currently seeking to hire Software Development Engineer in Test. As a Test Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and develop automated tests using a variety of innovative tools and frameworks. You will work closely with Development, Product and Operations to build and execute automated test scenarios against security framework. Automated testing is a crucial aspect of our SaaS model, and your contributions will directly impact the quality of the Workday product security. The automated tests you develop will run as part of our continuous development environment, providing continuous feedback to Development and Product.
About the Role
Things you'll get to do in this role!
- Take ownership of automated testing efforts for UI and Workday security services.
- Research and investigate new automation technologies
- Develop, execute, and debug automated functional tests
- Work closely with environments team to ensure efficient and stable builds
- Diagnose functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution
- Train and mentor other team members on an ad hoc basis
If you have/are:
- Transitioning US military Veteran or eligible member of the National Guard or Reserves.
- Cannot have been out of the military for longer than three years (exception is for those currently enrolled in a full-time educational program)
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1+ years in Test Development and/or Test Automation roles
- Programming experience (1+ years) in an object-oriented language like Java
- Experience with CI/CD tools (i.e. Bamboo / Jenkins)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SDLC and concepts
- Strong scripting skills in at least one of the following languages: Python/JS, Shell
- Strong XML and web application technology experience
- Strong Unix skills (Ubuntu/CentOS)
- Experience testing web services with tools such as SoapUI
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following: JUnit,ScalaTest, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, JMeter
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
- Authentication experience with some of the following: LDAP, SSO, Multi-Factor , Delegated Authentication, Account Provisioning, PCI Security Standards, x509, SAML, OAuth
- Experience with SaaS security infrastructure