Location: Fort Meade, MD.
We are looking for an Information Systems Security Engineer who will be responsible for performing, and reviewing, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
Essential Job Functions
· Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
· Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
· Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
· Assist architect and system developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
· Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
· Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
· Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
· Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
· Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
· Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
Minimum Required Qualifications
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Fourteen (14) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contract of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
· DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required.
· CISSP Certification is required.
· Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Counterintelligence Polygraph.
· TS/SCI with Full-scope polygraph is desired.
Working Conditions: Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Physical Requirements: May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful completion of a background screening/check/investigation is required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: The company offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities reflecting its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include (not all inclusive) medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time-off and company paid holidays, personal development and learning opportunities.
Other: This employer participates in E-Verify and provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: information systems security, systems security, Systems Security Engineer, information systems protection, NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP), DoD Risk Management Framework, DoD RMF, NIST Risk Management Framework, NIST RMF, NSA/CSS business processes.