We are seeking a Software Engineer who develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Essential Job Functions
· Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
· Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features.
· Debug existing software and corrects defects.
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
· Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
· Write or review software and system documentation.
· Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project. Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries. Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
· Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
· Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
· Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
· Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
· Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
· Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standard.
· Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
· Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
· Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access; U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly.
- Strong customer service/client facing skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills.
- Local travel may be required.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
The company offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Software, Software Engineer, Software design, software feature design, software debugging, software modification