Position Specific Description
Manager of Business Management is responsible for monitoring the performance and profitability of NextEra Energy’s Renewable Fuels Operating Portfolio, composed primarily of RNG projects across multiple sites. This role drives strategic decision-making with respect to such assets, including monitoring construction schedules and operations and maintenance, ensuring project milestones and reporting requirements are met, and identifying opportunities to maximize profitability. This role is also responsible for ensuring the Renewable Fuels team meets the covenants under its various financings, ensure customer billings and collections are done efficiently, and portfolio budgets and forecasts are done accurately. Renewable Fuels is one of the fastest growing groups in NextEra Energy and is exploring a variety of new projects across the renewable fuels space; a dynamic individual that can manage the operations of a fast paced and rapidly growing business is a must!
Leaders in this position support the overall P and L management of one or more NextEra generating assets that have achieved commercial operation. This role supports strategic decision-making with respect to such assets, including hedging, operations and maintenance. This role identifies opportunities and analyzes the impact on company financials to maximize P and L profitability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages a team responsible for improving the generating asset's P and L, operations monitoring, development and assessment of value-added ideas to optimize asset performance and increase profitability
• Reviews proposed budgets and monthly forecasts, financial analyses, ad hoc reports, and modeling
• Ensures compliance with power purchase agreements, land leases, financings and regulatory requirements
• Resolves issues across multiple assets and/or states and presents findings and results to all levels of management
• Works with teams throughout the company in a manager or coordinator capacity
• Maintains close working relationships with partners, customers and stakeholders
• Recommends hedging strategies
• Negotiates various commercial agreements
• Leads or assists with value-added projects such as supporting regional leadership in the development of strategic plans, mergers and acquisitions, project development, asset optimization, restructurings and building relationships with off-takers, landowners, and state and local regulators
• Trains and mentors team members
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:8+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Supervisor/Management Experience:1+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami